Thanks for stopping by — here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
Men’s Tennis: Texas 4, Cowboys 0 @ Big 12 Championships
Women’s tennis: Cowgirls 4, Texas Tech 3 @ Big 12 Championships
Women’s Golf: In 5th after Day 1 @ Big 12 Championships
Baseball: Cowboys 13, TCU 2
Soft ball: Cowgirls 3, Texas 2
• Today is the spring football final and here are ten players to watch if you make the move – here are a pair of top rookies who will be in attendance
• After last night’s brawl, the Pokes will look to take the next step towards a weekend horned frog sweep today at 2 p.m.
• I don’t know how many times I can say “we’re going to learn a lot about Mike Boynton over the next two years”, but ESPN’s latest ‘bracketology’ has the Pokes as the No. 8 seed – it’s a good start
• Sounds like “sports agent training,” but what a fun idea to connect OSU business students with athletes to help with NIL:
The Brand Squad was born in August, directly connecting trained and certified members with athletes who can discover and maximize the opportunities permitted as a result of the NCAA rule change.
• A rule change will be in place in 2022 that will impact Cowboy Football opponents which tend to break it frequently (cough* Texas *cough):
The NCAA has also addressed players simulating injuries to slow the pace of a game, a practice that has become more common with the widespread use of accelerated offenses. Conferences and schools will now submit a report to the National Officiating Coordinator, who will provide feedback to the conference. The conference or school would then impose any additional sanctions.
• Football staffing question: would you rather have Derek Mason as defensive coordinator and Charlie Dickey as offensive line coach… or Joe Bob Clements as defensive coordinator and (someone like one) Bill Bedenbaugh as an offensive line coach?
Most viewed of the week
• No. 1 Gundy landed his 2023 quarterback
• #2 What Zane Flores’ Commitment Means to OSU
• No. 3 daily bulletins from Monday
• OSU No. 4 makes contact with former recruit No. 1
• No. 5 OSU hosted two five-star recruits on visits