Do you have a multi-author website? Make it more professional and user-friendly by adding an author box at the bottom of every blog post. Introduce your readers to the person behind their favorite articles.
An author box is a great way to showcase an author’s social links, bio, and website. This is especially useful if you have a multi-author blog or if you are a one-person team.
It’s a box at the foot of your blog posts which provides biographical information about the author of your website. It’s like having an “intro” on every blog post or page you write on your website. That said, here’s how to add an author box in WordPress.
5 advantages of authoring boxes
- Author boxes showcase the human behind the post because it gives your website warmth and personality. Readers will feel connected to the face and name they see in the author’s box.
- It boosts your reliability if you regularly post high quality content on a website with many authors. Once your audience sees the author of the article, they will be assured that it is well written and presents reliable information.
- It opens up opportunities for future collaborations. Brands, guest authors, and companies can easily find the information they need to contact you or contact your copywriter for future collaborations.
- This makes it easier for your readers to find an author whose posts they liked. Depending on the writing style, your readers will feel connected to different authors. Having an author box at the end of the post makes it easy for them to find other articles written by that author.
- Increase the authenticity of your website. The authenticity of your website comes from the authors who contribute to the overall image of the website.
How to create an author box?
An author box can be created using code, or you can use a plugin. If you don’t have any experience using code, it might take some time and effort. The much more convenient method is Simple author box connect.
Meet Simple Author Box
The Simple Author Box plugin is the perfect solution for your website. The simple author box attaches a responsive author box to the bottom of your posts.
It displays author name, photo and author information with additional links. Simple Author Box features an author box with an author gravatar, name, website, author bio, and social media icons.
You can easily customize it to match your style, theme, color and font. It makes your website look professional and clean on desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
The simple author box allows you to automatically integrate the author box at the end of each article. It supports both RTL and AMP.
Simple Author Box Pro offers premium features such as the ability to change the position of the author box before or after content. You can decide if you want the author’s name to connect to a website.
You can easily choose where to display the author’s box and add a spin effect on the author’s avatar. If you want to open the author’s website in a new tab, you can add the “nofollow” attribute and change the style of social media icons.
How to use the Simple Author Box plugin?
- Go to the dashboard.
- Insert the email you used when purchasing the plugin.
- Follow the reset password link to configure your password.
- Sign into your account.
- Download the Simple Author Box plugin by clicking on “Download plugin” in the left menu.
- Install and activate the plugin on your WordPress site (WP Admin -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin).
- Open WP Admin -> Appearance -> Simple Author Box.
- Activate the plugin with your license key which must be in this form: 12345678-12345678-12345678.
- Let the plugin guide you through the setup / integration process.
Make your website more professional by adding an author box at the end of each post. The Simple Author Box plugin makes the whole experience fast, stress free, and an easy way to reach more people and leave a good impression on them.