Netherlands: Top 10 Risk and Compliance Trends for 2022 – New eBook from NAVEX
To print this article, all you need to do is be registered or log in to Mondaq.com.
NAVEX’s new Top 10 Risk and Compliance Trends eBook for 2022 predicts that while the EU’s Whistleblower Directive is a step forward in Member States’ move towards minimum standards for the protection of whistleblowers, it is nonetheless likely to lead to a patchwork of laws on whistleblowers. Meeting these challenges will be a major challenge for compliance in 2022 – and beyond.
Written for risk and compliance professionals, the NAVEX eBook makes both predictions and recommendations for the year ahead. Each trend is described and contextualized by industry experts and NAVEX executives, including Karin Henriksson and Jan Stappers of WhistleB by NAVEX, and accompanied by practical steps to help organizations proactively plan for the future.
In terms of whistleblowing, the book predicts that organizations will need to go beyond checking compliance boxes and create a culture where whistleblowers are encouraged to speak up, reports are professionally handled and appropriate action is taken. to correct any misconduct by the Company.
Here are the areas examined in the Top 10 risk and compliance trends for 2022:
- Risk and compliance management expands to include ESG
- EU whistleblower directive
- Adoption of ESG disclosure: what can we learn from the EU?
- The New Normal Workplace (Part 1): R&C Management
- The New Normal Workplace (Part 2): Training and Policy Management
- Holistic third-party risk management
- Data privacy: frameworks and implementation
- DEI is not “One Size Fits All”
- Compliance Sabermetrics: Data will change assumptions that hurt compliance
- The Impact of IT Risk on Business Continuity: Making Businesses More Resilient
Overall, the eBook emphasizes that “The coming year won’t be business as usual – this is business in the new normal and it’s here to stay. Some may view the ongoing disruption as a major setback (and for many, However, increased visibility into corporate responsibility, organizational culture and inclusivity, ESG efforts and more, continues to redefine the role that risk and compliance play and guidance organizations around the world.”
Download the free eBook, Top 10 Risk and Compliance Trends for 2022 here.
Originally published February 1, 2022
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.
POPULAR ARTICLES ON: Employment and HR from the Netherlands